What are last-minute lessons?
Almost all our swimmers book scheduled lessons.
However, a small number of our swimmers book last-minute lessons. These lessons are the same as scheduled lessons except that they cost less because booking is more restricted.
While they can be an excellent choice they are not right for everyone. Before you purchase last-minute lessons do read this section and make sure that these are right for you.
How do last-minute lessons work?
No. Last-minute lessons are self-service. You manage them yourself using our online booking system.
Whenever you feel like a lesson you log in and the system will show you what’s available in the next 2-48 hours. If there’s a lesson that works for you just go ahead and book it. If you don’t see anything that suits just check back another time.
What’s the upside of last-minute lessons?
The advantage of last-minute lessons is the lower rate. A package of five last-minute lessons costs less than a package of five scheduled lessons which means that you can access the same instructors and receive the same quality tuition for less.
What’s the downside of last-minute lessons?
Last-minute lessons may only be booked 2-48 hours ahead. As most swimmers purchase scheduled lessons and book their lessons in advance this means that:
- you will have limited choice as to times
- if we are busy you may have to wait on cancellations
- if we are very busy you may need to skip a week
Last-minute lessons also require more work as you have to log in frequently to check availability whereas with scheduled lessons you can just set and forget them. Crucially as you are booking less than 48 hours before a lesson – once booked they can not be changed or cancelled.
When are last-minute lessons a great idea?
Last Minute lessons are a great idea if:
- you are prepared to log on regularly to find lessons
- you can make daytime lessons between 0815-1115 and are very flexible as to days and times
- you can make evening lessons 1800-2100 and are extremely flexible as to times
- you are happy to pick up same-day lessons at short-notice
- you are relaxed about the possibility of not having a lesson each week
- you accept that once you book a lesson you can’t cancel or change it
Will I have the same instructor throughout?
Typically yes. The instructors generally teach in time bands eg some will teach early mornings, some will teach daytimes, some will teach evenings and some weekends. To keep the same instructor throughout we recommend keeping your lessons within a time band eg all mornings. We can let you know who teaches when.
If you are happy to work with more than one instructor then feel free to mix and match time bands. We keep teaching notes on each lesson so the instructors will always know where you are up to.
How do I schedule last-minute lessons?
At our online booking site:
- Click on the ‘Schedule Lessons’ tab.
- Select “Last Minute Lessons” then Click ‘Search’
- You’ll see all the last minute lessons available in the next 2-48 hours.
- Click to book a lesson.
When exactly can I book last-minute lessons?
Last Minute Lessons are released on a rolling basis i.e. on the hour every hour for the next 48 hours.
So if you hop online on Friday at 1800 you will see all the last-minute lessons available until Sunday at 1800. And for eg if you hop online on Monday at 0900 you will see all the last-minute lessons available until Wednesday at 0900.
If you don’t see a lesson that suits just check back another time as availability changes regularly. And just so you know you can book right up to two hours before the lesson starts.
Here is a handy table that shows when you can book lessons:
|I want a lesson on:||When can I book?|
|Monday||Saturday, Sunday, Monday|
|Tuesday||Sunday, Monday, Tuesday|
|Wednesday||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday|
|Thursday||Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday|
|Friday||Wednesday, Thursday, Friday|
|Saturday||Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Sunday||Friday, Saturday, Sunday|
Do you have any last-minute lesson tips?
- keep some swimwear at work – your ideal lesson might come up at short notice and it would be a shame to miss it because you don’t have your kit
- if there are no available lessons at the time you’d like, keep checking. Availability changes all the time so keep an eye on the booking site throughout the day.
- remember that once you book a last-minute lesson you cannot cancel or reschedule it, so make sure that you’re definitely able to attend before you book.
I didn’t get a last-minute lesson in last week can I pre-book for next week?
Unfortunately no. These lessons may not be pre-booked.
What are the policies relating to last-minute lessons?
The policies are the same as for scheduled lessons with the exception of the validity of a package.
A package of five last minute lessons is valid for 2 months from purchase and a package of ten lessons is valid for four months from purchase.
Please note the policies are applied strictly in the case of last minute lessons and no exceptions are made.